Come work in sunny Porto (Portugal), one of Europe’s best destinations
We are in the process of opening a one of a kind, modern brunch restaurant in Porto (Portugal) offering fresh, trendy and creative dishes. We’re looking for a dynamic, creative and passionate chef to join our team and participate in the development and execution of our modern brunch menu. Anticipated start in August/September 2019!
- Provide leadership and development to the culinary team
- Maintain kitchen cleanliness and a safe environment
- Compliance with all local Public Health and sanitation standards
- Estimate daily production needs on a weekly basis and communicate that to the restaurant manager
- Menu development – develop, design and create new dishes
- Assist with inventory and menu costing
- Control and evaluate the operations of the kitchen
- Prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality/presentation, timing and brand standards.
- Expediting food and occasionally communication with front of house
- Communicate calmly and effectively with all staff.
- Bring issues and or concerns to the attention of the restaurant manager
Who are we looking for ?
- An individual truly passionate about modern brunch cuisine
- 2+ years of cooking experience in a fast-paced environment
- Degree from an accredited university/college in culinary art or hotel restaurant management is an asset
- Prior work in Pastry is a plus
- Proficient in English
- Open to career growth, learning and coaching
- Passionate about creating new dishes and using local seasonal ingredients
- Provides services that are above and beyond customer satisfaction
- Must have a passport
What we offer ?
- We are very team oriented, and provide a happy, hospitable work environment for all employees.
- This position is full time, morning/afternoon shift, including weekends and is 40-45hrs weekly
- Competitive wage and potential for growth and advancement in our company
- Opportunity to expand your horizons and culinary expertise offshore
- Assistance in acquiring a Portuguese work visa and permit if required
To apply ?
Please send your resume to email@example.com
To ensure that we will review your application, mention “chef de cuisine, last name, first name” in the email subject line and/or resume doc/pdf name.
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest; however, will only contact those under consideration.